📣 Attention International Students and Temporary Visa Holders.
Australian Red Cross has received Government funding specifically to support people who are on temporary visas with a small one-off emergency relief payment.
Emergency relief payments are not income support. They are limited and we know may not meet all needs that you have.
Assistance will include food, medicine, and crisis accommodation costs. Visa holders may be eligible for Red Cross Safety Net support if they:
– are in Australia on a temporary visa
– are in urgent financial hardship
– cannot access Centrelink, Medicare or similar services
– have no income, savings or other financial support (including from family overseas).
Please note the following:
– These funds are for people on temporary visas who have no way to support themselves and who have urgent needs.
– Because of COVID-19, they will not distribute funds from its offices but they will provide assistance by phone and email during business hours.